Press & Accomplishments
When we founded the Children’s Gaucher Research Fund in 1999 there was little new research being done on Gaucher Disease Type 2 and Type 3. Since that time, empowered by the generosity of thousands of donors, CGRF has achieved the following accomplishments:
- Raised over 1.6 million dollars for medical research, all of which goes to medical research.
- Grown our network to touch thousands of people world-wide through our Helping Hands newsletter.
- Funded seven important GD2/3 research projects, contributing to the medical data available through scientific research publications.
- Hosted three international medical research conferences, where scientists converged and shared discoveries, like the potential connection between GD2/3 and Parkinson’s Disease.
The GD2/3 families and other caring individuals who have united with CGRF to find a cure have supported significant advancement in the field. These accomplishments remind us that, truly, the only thing incurable is our passion. With your help, we will continue to grow the fund to find a cure.
CGRF in the News
- “Gregory’s Legacy: Granite Bay couple has raised millions in honor of their son,” by Jamie Trump
Granite Bay View, August 2008
- “Children’s Gaucher Research Fund: Remembering Gregory,” by Anne Gonzalez
Prosper Magazine, August 2006
- “Children’s Gaucher Research Fund” by Greg Macres
Chapter in Gaucher Disease by Anthony H. Futerman, Ari Zimran, 2006
- “Gregory’s Legacy,” by Lori Eickmann
San Jose Mercury News, February 1998